View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

I will share a story.......after I took my kids and moved out it only took about a month for my X to become homeless. I told him he could stay temporarily. Temporarily turned into almost 3 months. He tirelessly used the kids against me.......he would tell my 7 year old that mommy was kicking him out and he had no money and would probably die. She would cry and then try to give him her piggy bank money. OH MY GOD THAT IS SO NOT OKAY! I caved everytime because I didn't want her hurting. But you know what? I wasn't the one hurting her or breaking her heart-HE WAS! Once I finally admitted that to myself, it all became clear.
I took the girls to see my dad in Arizona for a week and told him he needed to be gone before we left, that I was locking the door and that he couldn't stay there. That was over a month ago and he hasn't tried to come back. I don't know what he did there for a little while, but he managed to find himself a girlfriend and has moved in with her. HOORAY! not my problem any more, ever again. He continues to drink, last time I say him he looked terrible, but you know what? I didn't cause his drinking, I can't control his drinking and only HE can cure it. If he wants to go down that road I am not going with him and neither are my children. I have somehow managed to make my life about us again and will never turn back. It's not easy, but I am getting healthy again. No constant headaches, no stomach problems, no constant sore neck. The life was literally sucking the life out of me! I have even managed to lose a couple of stingy pounds, the stress was making that impossible. I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS. STAY STRONG. ONE DAY AT A TIME.
M