View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
66Angel

Thanks again for the responses. I'm not exactly sure how much he drinks, but if I had to guess, probably 6-7 16oz beers. More on the nights we are arguing I'm sure.

After I sent my original post, I sent my AB an email with a link to this post. Friday night when he came home , he said that we should probably seperate for awhile, as he is not ready to give up drinking. Sadly, I was very disappointed that he chose his beer over me, but reality said that was a possiblity. After we talked most of the night, we went to bed exhausted and undecided. Just knew that we both loved each other and wanted to make it work. Saturday while I was at work, he texted me that he wanted to avoid seperating. Saturday night we talked again and he said he wanted to try to make it a week without drinking, after that, who knows. But the fact that he wants to try gives me some hope. It breaks my heart that he is going through this.

Barb, you are right, it is time to educate myself. I went out today and bought the book Codependent No More. I did glance through the book and read a few passages and it definately sound like my personality. I am like this with my 18 year old son as well.

zxr - you are definately right about that one. Had I known that he had a drinking problem, I definately would have taken a step back. I know things will get worse over time, they have since we've met. He says he won't let it get to that point, but who knows? Statistics say not.

One thing is for sure, I plan on educating myself as much as possible in the upcoming weeks. Maybe a trip to a therapist as well?