View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hello wonderingincda, and pleased to "meet" you

Originally Posted by wonderingincda View Post
I am posting in the hopes that some men have seen or had this behaviour and let me know what they think about his attitude and if it is detrimental to him, ....
I'm a guy, as well as an "alanoid", and ACoA and an AA, so I think I fit your requirements <joke>

What do I think about his attitude? I think that he's old enough to make his own decisions in life, and old enough to get help from a therapist or his sponsor if he should determine that the attitude is detrimental.

However, I am not sure what you are asking. Suppose you were to establish that his attitude is detrimental to _him_, what would you do then? And if you determine it is not detrimental, what then?

You are asking for information, but you don't seem to have a direction as to what you are going to do with the information once you get your answers.

So let me try this; is his attitude detrimental to _you_? Where are _your_ needs being met in this relationship? Suppose his attitude _never_ changes, could you spend the rest of your life with a guy who occasionally get super involved with women he meets online, misses loan payments rather than carefuly plan for trips, and takes off on a whim to go live somewhere else?

My ex-wife was exactly that way. She'd meet guys online, get obsessed with them for awhile to the point of losing a job, come up with excuses and lies to go meet them, etc. etc. My personal opinion is that it's just another form of addiction. My ex is a pill addict, so being "cross addicted" to the thrill and fantasy of distant relationships is not that big a change.

I am not interested in polygamous relationships. I need the safety and trust of there being only two of us in a relationship, which is one of the reasons I left my ex.

How about you?

Mike