Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
chicory

Welcome Ennui,

I echo what Lexie said- just pretend your mom is not an option. IMHO, she does not deserve another minute to abuse you. You seem to have gained a lot of strength from the hard knock school you attended. Take that strength and run away from any who would even try to demean you, in any way. You deserve happiness, bless you. I lived with an abusive mom,who was an a, also.

something will come along, and you have had some great suggestions. I would rather see you take two crappy jobs, in order to get yourself on your feet, than to take another moment of abuse. that way, you dont have her stuff holding you down emotionally. and getting to a meeting will be great too, and give you some "contacts" who may have some good suggestions, too..
perhaps you have a distant relation or someone you know who may have a spare room ? someone safe, and trusted.
prayers for the best for you. put the bad crap in the rear view mirror and look ahead to what you can give to yourself. you sound very bright and capable. you are only responsible for you, and that is manageable

hugs
chicory