Old 02-27-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Ditto other posts. Welcome to SR, you have a good head on your shoulders and hopefully you will find support and suggestions here. This can be a temporary condition if you continue to work on taking care of you. Look for a meeting too.

When I "escaped" to college - I was able to take out loans to pay for housing but I understand when my son went to college that things have changed a lot these days. And I had to take out loans because they determined I had enough income through SS and VA checks not knowing that my mother (the A) kept the money and didn't give any to me.

So, I did find college work study jobs. Also, found ppl who either took in students for cheap living rates or as live in child care. Knowing I was a student, ppl expectations were very reasonable. And sometimes I took weekend jobs to babysit while parents did get aways for a change of scenary or house sitting.

I was also crafty and stumbled one time upon a new business opening up that agreed to sell my handmade stuff as a side line. And I liked baking so I took orders for Birthday, Anniversary cookies and cakes. Self taught the icing decoration to launch this one.

What are you good at doing?