View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Actually I have been questioning lately my own drinking habits.
I really enjoy wine. not really a big beer or liqour drinker.
BUT I AM GOING TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST HERE.....
I could easily drink a bottle of wine in one sitting and probably DO once a week. For Instance:
Early in the week I had 4 glasses of wine.
Later in the week I went for dinner with my friend and we each had 3 glasses of wine and 2 margaritas.
That should be good right?
But I have a bottle of wine here which I am thinking of opening and having a couple of glasses over a movie, when my daughter goes to bed.
So Im thinking ok this means I am drinking 3 times this week!
I very rarely drink consecutive days, I dont crave alcohol, I certainly dont wake up in the morning needing one - ugh! I dont like to get drunk and I can say no and just drink soda in a social situation without feeling 'left out' or whatever.
It does seem that I question every drink I have now, like 'why am I drinking this?'
And I dont know if I should be. I know alcoholism can sneak up on a person but I have drank like this for years and nothing has changed or got worse. Like its never slowly increased, affected my job, my health, my finances. And its like my cigarette smoking - I smoke a pack a week. I can go days without one and it doesnt bother me but I havent quit because I enjoy it occasionally......
SoI think I have just started to look at my own drinking habits because it was so scary what happened to my AH...