View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I found that over time...

...and as I continued to work my own recovery in Alanon, I worried less and less, and thought of her consequences more and more as hers, rather than mine. There was a time I truly thought she was the walking dead, and had begun to work on accepting that as fact. I had to truly let her go.

I've heard many people share that when their alcoholics finally died they didn't really mourn, as they had finished mourning years before the actual deaths. I heard some even welcome the deaths as a relief, and the end of the suffering for their alcoholics.

As you know, my wife appears to have found her bottom, but there are no guarantees for me, as there are none for you.

That said, my thought are with you in what I know to be a very painful and difficult time.

Take care Brother,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by reefbreakbda View Post
When we’ve recognised and accepted our powerlessness, and let go.

And they are left to experience the consequences, are there any ways at all in the world to stop the worries and fears that something awful will happen to them.

Those poor souls we love so much that once lit up our lives and now are dying a slow and sad death through alcoholism.