Thread: my story
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hollyanne

Starlight, Someone here has a byline. "Do not make someone your priority, when all you are to them is an option"
You only have to read your own post and it just screams, "Go back home and take care of yourself. This is so unhealthy for YOU!"
He has his family now, leave. As you know, some people are more susceptible to alcoholism and for this reason you must be tough. He will do what he needs to do when and if he wants to.

Where are your family/friends? Are you really thinking he needs/deserves an entire group (family and you) to care for him, while your life is stalled at the edge of a cliff?

Alcoholism is progressive. If it is this bad now, it gets worse! I am not even going to bother commenting on his family, there is plenty reason to leave without even considering them. And before you even say love!, this is not love. This is a hostage situation. You can do this for a child or a partner who has become incapacitated to illness but not someone who is subject to a disease which will survive as long as it is allowed to.

Think of a tumor. It will survive until the blood supply is cut off. Only then can you even consider a recovery. Until then, it will shove vital organs out of the way, erode blood vessels and cut off blood supply to the host. You are the host!

Having provided you with a disgusting analogy, I will take my leave.:ghug3