Thread: Emdr?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone. I'm happy I posted this. As you can guess, I was at the therapist yesterday. I've been seeing her for a few years now and we are making excellent verbal progress.

I'm not exactly sure what I would work on if I decided to go through an EMDR session. I was told that my cognitive abilities are very strong but perhaps it gets in the way of my emotions. Perhaps I use that strength to cope with/not deal with my true feelings. She suggests that the EMDR would help me move some trauma out of my thinking brain and into my emotion part which should help me deal with my current boundaries and decision making. It was suggested that I may be unable to make the correct/best decision because I'm unable to feel what is wrong.

The kicker for me is the price. My therapist is already very expensive and the EMDR kicks it up a notch or 10!

I was told that she's experienced close to 100% success with her patients and she's worked with hundreds. That is interesting.

Keep the stories coming if you feel like sharing. I have some old skeletons in the closet and perhaps some that I don't even know about.