View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Stimmed
Moment of Conception

Hi Aurora.

Many years ago i found that if i had one drink, i could ALWAYS feel the affects of the alcohol and all the lights came on. Thing was if i left it at that, i would ALWAYS end up with a head ache, not a bad one but enough to eventualy rid me of wanting just one drink.

Its possible that the idea i got into my head about 'avoiding a head ache' from just one drink, is the main contributary factor of how or why my alcoholism began its development. I did start however increasing one drink to between 2-4 or 5, but as i said all the lights came on at just one, and when say 5 began to ware off, my head aches were much worse.

Long story short, i just drank myself to sleep or into a state for 25 years! and i was well and truely locked into doing that. I never ever got room spin while trying to sleep, was VERY rarely sick, so one drink as Superscrew said, it just did not compute with me after a time... at all, and things in many areas just went beyond my control.

Just one drink is a very bad idea for anyone who feels they have a drink problem to what ever extent, while they are meaning to either fix or understand the way alcohol affects them. I think it is understanding that should be first and foremost, so that its easier to fix.

One drink? pfff... just dont do it, while you are able. The big picture is what really matters, and if id known or understood more, my pic would not have shrunk down to say, in my case... the size of a bottle neck. It can be a very small world for an alcoholic.
Alcohol in its own right is just not worthy of its ability, END OF.

P.S. like your AV', looks like fun!

Best of luck to you :-)