Thread: Nightmares
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

Nightmares

My AH has always had trouble sleeping, staying asleep and when he does sleep he has disturbing nightmares. I have always suggested he talk to the doctor and see if he should have a sleep study done. I know sleep deprivation can lead to other health problems such as hypertension and even depression. I also know that alcohol interferes with normal sleep and deep sleep. It could explain a great deal. I just had a phone conversation with my husband and he brought up the fact that he is having some strange experiences. His father died a few weeks ago. He started with "Don't think I have gone off the deep end". Too Late honey. He says that he keeps having nightmares where he feels like he is being touched. He says he swears he feels like he is being poked in the chest, the feet, the back and even like he is being held down. He is wondering if it is his father trying to get his attention. I am all for being open minded to other worldly experiences, in fact I believe I have experienced a few but I wonder what this is really all about? Could it be another symptom of the alcohol? My son tends to have weird dreams when he drinks as well. I just never heard anyone talk about this related to alcohol abuse.