View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
tjp613

Posted by Passionfruit: I used to haul 3 cases a week out of there all at one time. He was embarrassed to go with me. If he did, he would insist we only get a 12 pack.
This is way off topic, but I remember when I was young and naive and I'd go to the liquor store to buy a bottle of whatever...and there'd be somebody cruising the aisles loading up their shopping cart with huge bottles of vodka, bourbon, etc. and I'd think, "Wow, they must be having a big party!" Now I size up every patron I see in a liquor store! ... the 60 yr old 'housewife' in the store before 11:00a, the businessman with the huge gut and red nose coming out with a big bottle at 5:15, the guy in line at the convenience store with two 'tall boys' just for the ride home.... I wonder....

I also wonder how sad it must be to work in a liquor store or bar and see the 'regulars' deteriorating month by month

I think they should have AA brochures mandatorily placed by the cash registers just like they have those signs in Vegas that say "Do You Have a Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-whatever."