View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

I still have my "pint" (sounds more classy saying it that way than a beer!) in the evening after work. But I've had the same concerns and found myself asking people, "Am I drinking alcoholically?" in which people would smirk and remind me I am not the alcoholic, he is.

He also used to say I was violent when I drank. So I quit drinking for a while. But then I was just crazy. Which by then, I probably was! : )

The difference between me and my RAH is I can make a 6 pack last 6+ days. In my house today there are two unopened bottles of wine, one unopened bottle of rum, and one unopened bottle of cognac - all not touched in the 2 months I have lived here (they are my Mom's; she doesn't drink much either). As a matter of fact, they probably need a dusting!

In my house with the RAH, alcohol didn't last long. He even drank my raspberry liquor I used for a blueberry cake recipe. Yuck! That stuff is like bad cough syrup.

When he began AA, he decided I needed to go, too. I am now beginning to realize he may not have been aware that HE was the one drinking all the alcohol. He may actually think I was drinking when in fact, it was him. Alcohol is so distorting to the brain...it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't grasp how much he drank so it was easier to think it was me.

Anyway - good thread. I do feel uncomfortable drinking but I just love a good stout. As long as he's not around, I have no qualms having one.