Thread: Is it normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
I thought my sister in law would NEVER stay clean..been 13 years..I found myself to be very arrogant when I would begin to even guess at what others were capable of..it's usually so much more than I thought..
What I meant was that for my part, I am afraid- afraid he wont ever be happy and healthy. not that I am passing some sort of character judgement. some in the family do, however, and I understand, as they have just never seen anything but selfish behavior from him.

I read a lot of the posts by recovering a's here, and it is very interesting, the things they went through as practicing a's, and I admire the strength and the courage that many of them show, in pursuing their recovery. The faith they show, by continuing to move through the miserable first weeks sober. Perhaps that also shows how miserable their lives were, while drinking, to find the getting sober , with its withdrawals, preferable. God bless them. I think it is so wonderful, the way they can come here, and find support and encouragement, to keep going, through the toughest times.

Thanks Keepinon,
I have been telling myself that he is capable of so much more. His dad told me today that he thinks that s will just be a homeless bum, never able to make it. I wrote him back, and asked him if s was told that if he did not get a job and keep it, that he would go directly to jail, does he think he could do it? I think so! so, he is doing this, just cause he can. and cause he has never been forced to solve his own problems. some mental issues , but I think mostly selfish, lazy, and an alcoholic.
love,
chic