View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
grizz

I did at first. I was measuring how much wine was left in the bottle the next morning, saying something when we were in the grocery store about taking a night off the bottle, and anything else I could think of. I found that it was all to no avail. The other guys on this site put into perspective for me. I learned that this is a progressive problem and even though it seems to have leveled off to a bottle a night that it wont stay that way for ever. (and there are nights where it is closer to two bottles so it is progressing) I was trying to do it all by myself and was driving myself crazy. Rember the three c's. Where I am at now....I am hoping and praying that it will get better, but it has to be 100% her choice. Anything less will me trying to control the situation and her. I know it is hard my friend. I think we as men are wired to try and fix things especially when they are near and dear to our hearts. But we need to let go and let God... Detaching has been a big help. Her excuses are just that excuses no matter how good they sound. You just need to keep things in perspective and remeber this isnt your battle, its hers.

Grizz