View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
grizz

Hi Oniel,
As you can see you are not alone. I am fairly new to this site and have found it a haven. As you can see reading these posts that your story is not new and you have a lot in common with others. Because of that, you have alot of support. Also there are a few men on this site that have been a great help.
Like your wife, mine is a great mother, cook, keeps the house fairly clean. We have a lot of fun together now that the kids are all older. most of them still live at the house so they have seen the changes that have happened over the last 4-5 years. When the kids were little we had no alcohol in the house. As they got into their teens we would have the occasional glass of wine with dinner. This slowly progressed to where she now has a minimum of a bottle a night. She is not an angry drunk for the most part. Just gets goofy then falls asleep on the couch. I have said it before that I am living in a "new normal". Is it bareable yes...is it what I envisioned what my life would be....no way. But it is progressive...it is getting worse. the bottle is normal now. When she has had a stressful day it is more. I have done the same as you. talked, yelled, the kids have all talked to her to no avail. I am learning to detach (something I learned at this site). I have started doing some things I have wanted to for a long time. Keep yourself busy. Be there for your kids. Remeber the three "C's"

grizz