View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Just about everyone cries at alanon meetings, especially their first several months. Sometimes people cry that have been going for years when something happens.
If there's any place that it's safe to cry in public--alanon gets my vote as the safest.
I cried. At several. I was handed tissues like it is the usual thing to expect of especially new people who are just beginning to find support and voice their problems publicly.
Everyone who is there is, or has been in pain, similar to yours. They will understand you, they too have felt the same helpless emotions to do anything about the drinker in their life.
On the flip side of everything bad that happens to us, something good comes out of it too.
You are more mature than most girls this age. Realize that this will give you strength where they might have none, coping skills they have no idea about, and a respect for sobriety that they might never know.
Take care of number 1--that's you. Your whole life is ahead of you--and it only gets easier as you get to finally make all your own decisions, especially when and when not to be around any bad behavior. You know intimately the results of bad behaviors from watching it. Other kids will go off and do lots of drugs and alcohol, you will be smarter.