View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
leftfootprints

i would go live with my dad as it still is an option, but he would rather me not because the school system where he lives is complete crap and he wants me to get a good education, that's his biggest thing for me. he doesn't want me to move in with him unless it's a last resort. my other grandma lives down the street and i can go over there and spend the night as often as i'd like when her drinking gets out of hand, and i do sometimes. i'm usually able to find a friends house to stay at on weekends or i go out and come home late enough so i can just go to bed and not deal with it. i can also go to my brothers house, but i feel bad because he has his own life now and he just lives in an apartment with his roommate and there isn't much room. but when my grandmother comes into town i feel obligated to at least spend one night at home because she is my grandma and i love seeing my grandpa too. i love them when they aren't drinking.
i've thought about going to one of the alateen meetings, they have a few in my area. but i hate talking about the problems. i always end up in tears and it's honestly embarrassing.
i'm trying to just stay in the house as long as i possibly can, i turn 18 in a few months so if it gets to a point where i don't want to be there i have a few friends that are older and i could possibly get an apartment with or something, but i'd rather live in a house without rent for as long as possible and save my money. i'm only a junior, i'm old for my grade. so i still have another year left. i'm planning on going to college near my dad so i don't have to be around her then.
my dad really wants me to stay in the house as long as i can though, and unless it gets abusive he would rather not have to deal with getting me out of there with all of the legal stuff, and i understand where he's coming from.
it's just hard dealing with all of the emotional pain this puts me through, especially because my mom hides her drinking from me as much as she can and it keeps me from knowing how much she's really drinking and how much she's harming herself.