View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MexicanMama

Welcome!!!
I want you to know that I was your wife before I got sober, I was a binge drinker once a month. I would always black out, pass out and make a fool of myself. However it gets worse I surpassed my binge drinking with flying colors and moved to once a week then twice a week until it was at least every other day and in the last month I was drink everyday. I to have a great career, I coach my daughters softball, play softball and was a wonderful mom to my two children until the drink became the most important thing in my life and then nothing really mattered to me I was either drinking or planning my next drink. I am not sure who posted it but this is a progressive disease, we do not stand still in it for long before it has consumed our lives and we have no idea how we got there.

I agree that you should seek help for yourself and your children and that is the only thing you can do about your wifes drinking. You have no control and you can not fix it, no one could convince me I had a problem until I was ready to admitt it to myself. My family and children begged me to stop but I could not, I had to go through every horrible experience to finally get sober and it was not pretty. But when I finally decided it was better to go to AA than slit my wrists I got a chance to have a life...that was 14 months ago and I have never felt better. My children and my family attend alanon so they are able to better themselves and learn that my disease is not their problem. I am lucky and greatful that I was able to get sober and start to be the person God meant for me to be and my children are happy to have their mom back. I wish you and your family luck.