View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

This thread has already been reported once, and please know that we are monitoring it.

Here's an important sticky thread about how to help a member who is in an abusive situation. Some of the mods here have worked in the field of DV: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ng-abused.html

I am a moderator here, and I survived an abusive marriage. I know how difficult it is to admit the situation, to reach out for help, to take the baby steps necessary to get out, and to get out SAFELY. Trust me when I say it's not as easy as just picking up your stuff and leaving.

I will strongly caution those of you who do not have experience with this to keep your well-meaning and misguided advice to yourselves. If you do not have your own experience, strength and hope to share on this thread, please take your attention to another thread.

I'll also strongly recommend that you put people on ignore if they trigger you. To ignore someone, simply click on their name and select "add xyz to your ignore list".

If this thread is reported again, we'll close it. And that would be a shame, because buried in all the screeching and preaching is some really good ESH.