SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Antidote to quacking...honesty!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Antidote to quacking...honesty!

Wow, I got some real honesty this weekend. His quacking from last week must have resonated with him because he began acknowledging things yesterday that he has never acknowledged before. It was amazing to watch the dawning of the truth happen before my eyes.

Just wanted to share because several of you posted on my angry quacking thread last week that maybe he is trying to "talk the talk" in order to internalize "walking the walk", and he actually admitted to that very thing yesterday. The expert admitted he doesn't know everything - that is HUGE!

Anyway - progress, not perfection, right? That is becoming my new mantra.

Thanks, all, for the reminder that sometimes quacking, even when it is quacking, is also a learning experience for the RA's. I wouldn't have even considered that perspective had it not been pointed out to me, which in turn allowed me to listen to him yesterday with an open mind myself.

Happy Monday!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
Cyranoak (02-21-2011), Learn2Live (02-21-2011), lillamy (02-21-2011), Shellcrusher (02-21-2011), StarCat (02-21-2011), wicked (02-21-2011), zrx1200R (02-21-2011)