View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

So....some of you have been in this type of relationship and some of you have not. I do take responsibility for MY choice in this relationship. I married him, and I have chosen up to this point to not completely cut ties. And though someone here is trying to blame me for this....I am attempting to manage a single life with 6 kids on my own...everything on my own...and unfortunately I am a teacher which allows me lots of time with the kids, but I don't really have the opportunity to make a lot of extra money AND, I need him to pay support. I've been divorced before and let me tell you that when the court files those papers for support/divorce...they are just PAPERS to them and that without paying a bunch of money to defend them...it is worthless...been there done that. So before you point the finger at me and blame me for 'allowing' him to be this way....I have to take care of a house, a job, 6 kids and myself....and pray I don't tick him off enough to totally walk away. I'm not saying I couldn't do it, just that some people on here make the decision seem like it is cut/dry when it is SO easy to say from the outside, but believe me SO much harder on the inside. you are correct that I would NOT allow my children to be treated this way.....or a friend etc., but again you are on the outside not the inside. I post here for support, I asked specific questions....I did not ask for you to blame me for him abusing me. The ONLY thing I am really concerned about right now is making a life for me and the kids.....that's it.