View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Sorry everything is such a mess and when you're in the midst of the madness, it's hard to see the forrest through the trees.

I'm going to give you some "tough love"; you're not a victim and you've made the choice to allow him to have all your power.
The loved ones of sick addicts usually become mental and or physically sick. My Al Anon group is filled with women who are both. One woman who stayed with her now RA, has a serious heart condition and had her first heart attack at 40, 3 of the other women have depression, high BP and they are all pumped up on pills. No one made them sick! They made themsleves sick!
Easier said than done to leave since it was tough to leave my ex, though his behaviour was nowhere as sick as many other addicts, but it was hard, cause you're lost in the sickness with them.
I had 3 sick days a week when I was with my RA, when I left him, I've had like maybe 5 sick days in close to 7 months,.

Is this man worth your daughter living without her mother? If the answer is no, you need to get yourself healthy and by doing that, you need to know you have the power to make the choice to leave.
The love/hate dance is INTENSE and powerful, but start with an al anon meeting and go from there.
But I need to stress, you ARE NOT A VICTIM!. He's not forcing you at gunpoint to stay or get sick. You're at the wheel