View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stimmed
Moment of Conception

Hi wp. Sorry to hear you so upset your obviously in a state.
I cannot give advice on what to do with a drunken spouse because it was me who was the drunk. I never, ever changed, until id lost everything and virtualy everyone. My partner was smart enough after 10yrs (unfortunatly for her) to realize i would only drag her down too, and she left.
Clearly your health concerns you and for that reason alone you will do better by just getting out. Save yourself and leave him to his own devices. Noone deserves to be treated the way he treats you, alcoholic or no!!!!
It would be a good idea to have a look round this site at related topics, bc im sure you'll find the same old story, in that alcoholics or abusers never really change until they hit there bottom, which can take yearrrs! Its awful horrible way to live with someone like this and i sympathise, really. But at the end of the day you have to think of yourself im afraid. I dont know the guy i know but, merely abusing drink is a form of alcoholism, and once an alcoholic then always, its that simple.

Do you feel you deserve better? Of course you do. So why not just do it and cut the looses now. And always always remember that none of it was any opf your fault, thats a fact that you'll find to be true throughout this sit if you explore a bit. One of the best defences an alcoholic tries with others is to lay blame outside of themselves, and we are experts when we kneed to be and its all auto pilot.

Look at some other opinions and really try to take it onboard, reflect well on it and make a decision and stick to it. You deserve happiness...

Go get it.
and welcome to SR :-)