Old 02-20-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ukiah77

Thanks for all the helpful advice, I have not given my AH the UTI book. I have read it myself, cover to cover. I am leaving it in the closet until I feel the moment is right to share it with him. For now, it's been 3 weeks and he hasn't had a drink. Things have been so much better, it's hard to not jump for joy that the nightmare is over. I know it's not over. I know to take it one day at a time. My daughter is finally getting to spend "sober" time in the evening with her dad, something she is not used to. I held back my tears the other night, when she sat on his lap and they were laughing together. I know relapse happens, but I hope and pray that this is a new beginning of the normal life we all want and deserve. My AH looks so much different now, he has color back in his cheeks and is smiling more, he also got his hair cut, which was much needed. It's only week 3 and he looks 10 years younger! I can't imagine going back to the old ways, I was at the end of my rope, about ready to pack the kids up and leave, for their safety. The last three weeks have been so wonderful, but I feel like there's a cloud looming over, like waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I am just being the best wife I can be, and showing him much love and support.