View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
keepinon

Chicory..I am not aDr. I cannot give medical advice.But I do work with kids with develomental delays.Lets just HYPOTHETICALLY say that your son has Aspergers..high functioning autism..high IQ..obsession with technology, poor peer relations.WHAt difference would it make?There are no drugs for it.Many.many MANY people with the disorder live functioning lives on their own.
You say he has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder by one therapist..again..many MANY people are living independently with this mental illness...lots who post on this site even.Another has diagnosed him with deppression..I myself have had clinical depression..I took the treatment and function on my own.
When my daughter was in rehab they told her to "play the tape out to the end" So..he has a treatable, manageable mental illness like millions of americans..so that means...what? He bears no responsibility for his health?no responsibility for his life? He has been offered NON addictive treatments, but doesn't want them..several Dr.'s accuse him of med shopping..THAT is addiction palin and simple.Beleive me when I got depressed enough I took what the dr. ordered.I had no "requests" for benzos or other meds that get you high.
I have regrets about how I raised my kids too..we all do..it's normal. You have made excuse after excuse for him.What if he capable of so much more?