View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
I asked him what is his definition of support? He wants me to have a good attitude, let go of the past, not talk about the past, praise him for trying and quit beating him up (mentally) over what he is not doing....

He said he knows that I will probably never be able to do that, it must run in my family.
He should have listened to his friends....and hung up on me...
When I hit my breaking point, I saw the psychologist at my work, who said I should tell XABF (before he was "X") that I was cutting all contact with him unless he saw the same company psychologist and followed through on the recommendations. The psychologist them told me his recommendation would be inpatient therapy for alcohol abuse, because it was clear to him (first from seeing XABF months prior, and now with hearing my side of the story) that he had an alcohol problem.
When I passed on the message, XABF told me he had seen the psychologist, who said "If she won't support you, then just forget about her, she's not good enough for you."

Your story sounds eerily familiar to mine in that regard, and I know mine was a confirmed lie.

Take what you like, and leave the rest.