View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
concerned123

Question Help .. Input appreciated .. TIA

I am in a long distance relationship and I have been for 4 years. We get to see each other frequently and we try to make the best of it until something more permanent can be worked out. I Love my partner very much. My partner is really struggling right now and I am not sure what to do anymore. I have read tons, watched many shows etc. All I can think to do right now is to write this as a starting point. Please read and feel free to advise me on different wording etc. I am open to anything.
I do realize I am not a doctor nor a therapist. They will come in time) Right now I simply want her to know .. there is a problem, I see it clearly, it is affecting every aspect of her life and I am beside her all the way to try to get the answers and the help she needs.
Thank You in advance for your input.

I have begun these past few weeks to spend hours searching the internet on what I can do to help you. My brain has one main focus right now .. trying to think of ways to help .. some type of solution.

How can I help you, how can I be there for you? You have closed the door on me. You barely respond to most of my loving and/or motivational text and emails. I was feeling so helpless. I could not bear to sit back and watch you hurt yourself any longer.
What could I do?
I keep searching for the answers. I am so scared of where you are going right now. Such a slippery slope. I did not know where to turn? So I search …
I am afraid the alcohol has taken control now. I still believe you are strong enough to take back that control. I think you have to act now though. Today .. not tomorrow

You speak of suicide many nights. They say that is a cry for help.
You ask me to leave you alone. I cannot, I Love You. I will not leave you alone.
I value and believe in everything about you, inside and outside you have it all. I just cannot sit back and watch what you are doing to yourself.

I have started to become bitter with the enablers in your life including myself. The people that encourage you to come out for a drink, the people that buy your drinks, the people that pour you too many drinks. They have nothing to lose they are simply selfish and are wanting your companionship, they are ignoring the fact that (the woman they care about) is slipping away.

The alcohol is stealing your life. Not a second goes by that I don’t fear for your health, I worry. The alcohol has put you in a bad place. It leads you to depression and that leads you to drinking. A vicious circle, that you can overcome. Many pluses are around the corner, take that turn, time is wasting and the world awaits.

I want You to come back, I Love you and You need to love Yourself.
You can beat this and You will come back better and stronger than ever before.
We have so many things happening in these next few months. We need to start preparing so we are ready and we will be.
I Believe in You .. You make me proud ..
I know your strength’s and your weaknesses, I know you ..
Lets work on both of our strengths .. together .. one step at a time.
I am behind you every step of the way. We make a great team when we work-it.
I am not going away, I am here for you.
Just call out my name.