View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

What would happen to him if you 'disappeared' tomorrow?

Has he been evaluated and diagnosed as mentally ill in some way?

If so, has he been declared disabled?

If not, then it's probably time to let him go.
Tjp,
I tell myself that a lot- that I could die, and whatever happens would happen. no one is going to take him in and he would probably do ok, eventually.
he has been evaluated, and the first said, bipolar 2 and the next said, situational depression. he hoped for meds for his nerves (which he would most likely have abused). but that does not mean he does not need them.

i tell him that if he gets to a doc about his nerves, they may be able to help him with some meds. he wants it his way, he has an idea of the meds that he would "approve of" he thinks he is as smart as a doctor (i am sure that he is well educated in drugs) but he wont go. i tell him that if he really has an anxiety disorder, he could get disability and help. he is stubborn and wont accept that idea either.

when i have gotten him to a doctor, they note that he has the idea of what meds will help, and they most likely think he is a drug seeker. if he is miserable, i am sure that he wants what will make him feel good, but he wont admit that he is a potential abuser, and they see that, i am sure. if he wanted help badly enough, he would try anything. that is why i am giving up on helping in that area.

my doctor told me that he probably needs meds, but he may come across as a med seeker. i get so frustrated, but i cannot try tofix this for him anymore. there is a free clinic, but he wont do the work to get in there. he could bike there, it is close. but he just wont do the work, he cant deal with red tape, or paper work, etc. i know there is a problem. but as l2l said last night, there are people who give a sh--, but it is his place to find them.