View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Ok I am better this morning...

Originally Posted by HeyImme View Post
So my daughter was obsessed with The Wiggles when she was little...anyone else? All I can think of when we talk about quacking is that song they sang about Captain Feathersword...it is running through my head constantly: "Quack, quack, quack, quack, cockle-doodle-doo"...
LOL! My kids are too old for the Wiggles, but my nephews were and this sounds familiar!

I am also laughing this morning at my post. Yeah, I was mad when the finally realization hit me. Now I think its hilarious - I crack up myself a lot; I am rarely white-hot angry so when I do get that way, I think afterward its funny! - because this is exactly what I would have said to him several months ago. However, with the support and knowledge I've been receiving from SR and Al-Anon, I can come vent it here instead of even wasting my oxygen on him.

I figured the old-timers at his AA group see right through this. My Aunt, who lives on the East Coast and is a 20 yr recovering alcoholic can see right through it over the phone. Says this is actually pretty classic for the high functioning alcoholics who really don't experience any consequences, even a spouse leaving and taking the kids often isn't enough of a consequence for them to "get it". The beginnings of health problems don't worry them; they still have a job, a house, a car... "this really isn't as big a problem as that crazy wife of mine makes it out to be" - and he seems he!!-bent on proving me wrong. That's what this really feels like...he has set out to prove me wrong. Sad.

So yeah, I met with the bank, got my qualification papers, and am officially on the house hunt. I have one more month of saving to have the down payment in full. My credit looks awesome - got something out of this sham of a marriage after all. My girls are excited. I am scared to death but hey - I recognize this will pass in time. And so we keep moving forward...

Thanks all - it feels good to scream it out loud sometimes, as long as I scream it to the world and not to the A, right?!

Now I am off to go skiing on this fresh new powder we have here today! It's going to be a good weekend...!