View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
Alanon helped me with MY pity party...why me? I have done so much to avoid this, raised her right, educated her, given her help at every turn..well ..why NOT me? We ALL have our problems.. but I didn't WANT this! Well as Dr. Drew just flat out told someone in rehab...you don't get that.I get an addict daughter and you get an alcoholic, socially problematic son and accepting that is really the ONLY way we have any chance of any quality of life..wanting, ignoring, denying, closing our eyes and hoping it goes away doesn't work.I adore you Chicory..you are a good hearted woman, but until the acceptence and surrender come in I fear that nothing any of us say can penetrate through..I wish you happiness and peace..I hope you can do the work to find it..because you are worth it.
Keepinon,

I am trying, I promise you that I am. What you said, about acceptance and surrender- that is maybe something that I am fighting. It is so hard to accept. Yes, I am in a pity party state of mind. I do pity myself, and my son. I hate alcohol! I just think that it is the worst thing to happen to mankind, and it plain destroys families, children, homes, health. It is so damned unfair, that a liquid poured down a throat can just ruin your life for 58 freaking years.
Robs you of the chance to develop the brain in some of the wonderful ways that are possible.

I guess I had better meditate on acceptance. why , even thinking deeply is hard for me. I was trained to put the mind on hold- dont think - wait for the crisis to pass. I freeze, I wish I was stronger.

enough self pity. I think I get what you are saying. I got what I got, and I have to take my head out of the sand. soon.

thank you Keepinon,
love ya,
chicory