View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I have been able to become sober by researching why I was an alcoholic. Once I found the root cause of my issues with alcohol and why I could obsess and feel good about drinking even though I knew in was detrimental to my health and my life, the obsession mysteriously disappeared. I was able to reprogram my thought patterns without going through the 12 step behavioral/personality modification.

Aside from that I included a healthy diet and alot of exercise and self improvement/wellness through reading and learning. I think the self knowledge that I was basically brainwashed for 27 years to think alcohol was my God/cure-all/ fun maker, and that the thought of alcohol released chemicals in my brain that really made me feel good even though alcohol itself was killing me made me able to stop the obsession, and answered why I could run to the store and drink a bottle of vodka every night like I was in some sort of trance.

Check out some of the research links provided here in the secular area and see if they help, or if you ever have any questions feel free to PM me. I don't have all the answers, but I know what has helped me.