Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Ahhh, that reminds me of a used car story.

Guy has a really crappy car. I mean crappy. Hard to start, dies, rattles, squeaks, doesn't stop well. Misses. The whole enchilada of car woes. It basically suffers from years of abuse.

So he decides to get rid of it. He cleans it up, sinks a little money in it. Just enough to cover up the issues. Just barely the money needed. Nothing extra. Washes it, vacuums out all the crap. He goes to the discount auto parts place and buys some cheap parts. The old turd is polished up nicely now. And he puts an add on Craigslist.

It doesn't take long until some unsuspecting person comes by and really likes the car. They aren't experienced enough to see the tell tale signs of abuse and what might lay ahead. But an experienced gear head (like myself) would see through it immediately and walk away.

So this person buys the car and drives away all smiles. And they are seen for the next few weeks driving around with the top down, stereo blaring, and big grin on their face. But it won't be too much longer and this old crate is going to leave her on the side of the road with a smoking radiator or worse.

Seeing a new person behind the wheel of the old heap brought a pang of jealousy to the previous owner, no doubt. But deep down, he knew it was time to let someone else deal with the "issues". So long old heap. No regrets.