Thread: Pavlov's Dog
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I appreciate your response Dee, and I will completely agree that we are all different people and our experiences and our needs are all different as well. Thinking back to the nights that the obsession to pick up the bottle and the mental craving I had before ever drinking a drop truly baffled me in every sense of the word. It was almost trance like the way I would allow it to happen to me night after night. I truly feel I was in some way brainwashed. So for me that was probabaly the worst of it.

I have been fortunate in life, with a great family, alot of friends, great kids, and no major financial or health issues. So thankfulness and morality and a sense of being have always been near me. So I guess I haven't felt the need to change aspects of my self and look at other issues that may help to improve me as a person. I didn't see a reason that I needed personality or behavior modification, because my only major issue was the drinking. I studied the Bible in college and I feel I live my life the way I want to live it, and I am a good person. Obviously there is always room for improvement, but I see those issues as separate from my drinking. But I see my alcoholism as a form of brainwashing or or a learned response that I never realized was there or how strong it was.

Thank you again for the reply, I am not really looking for an opposing viewpoint as much as I am just trying to put some info out there that might benefit someone else as much as it has helped me.