View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by brokenheartfool View Post
I don't get why he doesn't encourage you to go to that meeting if he wants a relationship with you in the future. Are you planning on divorcing?

If he wants a relationship, you could go for coffee afterward each week.

If he or you wants divorce, then who cares what he wants, he doesn't deserve to make such demands.
It isn't even a complaint that makes any sense whatsoever. (unless of course, he's working on some girl from AA and doesn't want you to know or see them outside having a cigarette together).
It's not like you would be in the same room with him, so why does he care?
From what I can gather - and this is me making assumptions here - I think he thinks I sit in these meetings and talk about him. I asked him once if he would attend a meeting with me and he scoffed. I asked him if I could attend an AA meeting with him and he also scoffed at that - why would I want to do that?! Seems to me that he wants me to stay out of his sobriety at this point, and if that's the case, I respect that.

We're separated but not divorcing, unless he is secretly planning to because I am not, and you never know with an alcoholic, do you?! What you are saying makes perfect sense to me. We should be able to talk about things, but I am still getting the shut-out. Which is why I am hesitant.

In all honesty - I am sure I am part of this problem. I don't know how to communicate with him anymore and probably never did.