View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Florence

Forget about the guy. Yes, your daughters will be sad about it and they won't understand, but the devil they know is better than having a fantasy dad they don't. I feel bad for the little boy in the picture too. Having adults float in and out of your life is confusing as a child.

For you, there are a lot -- A LOT -- of support services out there for mothers, single moms too. I was overwhelmed as a single mom, but I found that when I put out some feelers, people bent over backwards to help me find the things and services I needed to make it easier. Daycare, clothes, food, jobs, dates (yes!), everything. I found it really helpful to have an organizer, an alarm clock I actually listened to, a set bedtime, and an attitude that there were better things to do than laundry sometimes. My babydaddy wasn't an A, but he has problems all his own that has made him an unreliable, fickle dad. It's a tough row to hoe, but you will find a groove.

It stinks that you missed out on Muffins with Mom, but you can easily and cheaply come up with a substitute at home that can still be special. Set a table, make it extra frilly and fancy, and make, like, mint tea (with sugar or honey for the girls) and muffins to share. Good luck! And make sure those girls know they *can* count on you.

Last edited by Florence; 02-16-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling