Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

sounds like more manipulative behavior to me. A marriage, by definition has intimacy. If she doesn't want it, you can force it.

I disagree with the concept of letting them do what ever they want because they are in recovery. You are part of a team. I feel I have the right to be a part, even if just a small part of the recovery. I have the right to discuss her progress and be informed. Not everyone agrees. But AA is not a right granting her steam roller privileges over me. I think the bar for the recovering alcoholic can be raised a bit.

Years ago, my wife did something similar. It wasn't AA related. But very similar. She was "finding" herself. I simply told her "from this day forward I will no longer tell other women no". And walked away. She changed her tune in about 3 days. And it has never been an issue since. We never talked about it again.

If she wants a roommate, you could start treating her like a roommate. If she wants a husband and partner, suggest you can handle the task well. But she can't have it all her way, all the time, on her terms. In my opinion.