View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jrlcpl

What would you do?

I know we are not supposed to dispense advice on here, but I am just curious what others would do in this situation.

My wife has been in treatment for 45 days. She comes home tomorrow. I have filed for divorce. Long story short, the treatment center was out of network so the insurance company acutally sends checks made out to my wife. She then signs them over to the treatment center. While she has been in treatment the checks have come and mostly they are a little more then $1000 or so. I would just drop them off at the local chapter of the company providing her treament (she is in treatment in CA, I am in GA). I know this is her responsibility, but I did not want checks piling up while she is gone.

So, like I said she is getting home tomorrow. She is arranging her own place to stay. She is coming over to visit with the kids. Anyway, I get a check from the insurance company yesterday made out to my wife for $21,000. Now, I know the right, non codependent thing to do is give the check to my wife and let her give it to the treatment center. But my codependent self want SO BAD to do it myself to make sure it gets done since it is so much money.

I am going to give the check to her, but it is killing me.