View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PurpleWilder

He often calls and checks in, I know he really is hanging w/ his single AA buddies (so the "other woman" aspect isn't even a possibility in my mind). But he knows this is a major annoyance for me.

There is no law that says you have to answer the phone when it rings. Start preparing yourself for serenity without him calling you all the time. Play games with the kids. Cuddle up with the kiddies and a movie. Read a story. Color or paint. To heck with the housework. One of the best things I was ever told was, "No one ever lies on their deathbed and says - gee, I wish I had washed more dishes"

I'm left dealing w/ the kids, trying to study, take care of dinner, the house and everything else on my own because he thinks that he "needs that time for my recovery".

That's what it is gonna be like after you get his sorry butt out the door. If you get good at it now, it won't be a shock in 6 months - to you or the kids.

I know he's trying to manipulate me again.

Yup, and he knows you know. He is just trying to cause as much damage on the way out as possible.

So right before he walks out the door he turns up the stereo in the living room and leaves. Ummm....I can't even hear myself think in here no less study. He KNOWS that. He isn't even here to listen to it. so why did he do that? Passive agressive much?

Unplug it beforehand? I mean, if he is leaving the house so you can study, than unplugging the stereo is a good thing, right?

Man, sounds like I'm a parnoid nutball....

Not so much - at least not here on SR...

so I believe he's still trying to manipulate things.

Oh yeah.

Last night I had something going on at work. Mandatory. then we were all going out for dinner together. Of course.... I'm doing something I want to do so he calls and says... "why don't we go out to dinner tonight?" I remind him I have this thing going on...and he asks "but you can skip it can't you?"
REALLY?

Your time, interests, job, hobbies, etc. are never as compelling as theirs are. EVER. <insert sarcasm here>...

This are the last desperate measures from a person who knows he is on his way out. Ignore them all. Focus on your children, study when you can, keep your serenity, and stay strong. We are rooting for you!