Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JenT1968

I am definately less crazy than I was with him, I have to admit to being crazy in my previous relationship too though: cocaine/pot/addict alcoholic with an inability to keep his private parts from straying into those of other women.

So I know I pick partners who I cannot function sanely with, I lose my self and my sense of perspective. I'm not the victim in this, in relationships before this I have been a not great girlfriend too. On my own I'm stable, grounded, and the only attacks of the crazies I ever have are in relation to contact with ex. It was a huge step for my emotional stability to minimise contact with him. My depression is gone, my social phobia is minimised (these are pre-existing things, but within the relationship I was in, they ramped up to extreme proportions, not helped by him actively manipulating them to throw the focus off of him), it didn't all go away immediately, but it got better and better with further distance and space to process. I am not perfect, but I am much, much happier and more stable.