View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Hey MyBetterWorld! I love that you mention this because your ex husband sounds exactly like my ex boyfriend. We do not have any children but our stories are similar. We did share a little black cockapoo dog that I am keeping. On the day we broke up, he already had a date planned with some woman that he claimed he had SO much in common with. I talked to him a week later to see how he was doing and he told me how much they liked each other and he was going to meet her family. I was like WTH!!!!! He also went out of his way to send me a picture message of her white poodle dog that he now liked more than our dog. Very mature.

I think it has something to do with not liking themselves enough to be alone with themselves. Us non-alcoholics are strong and we can be alone until we meet someone who we are a good match with. Alcoholics aren't picky. All they care about is if they have a warm body next to them that gives them THINGS, other than that, they could care less about personality, morals, values, religion etc. Its hard to accept but I just dont think they care that much about who they date, just so long as someone enables them. All they DO care about is the booze. It will only last as long as she enables him, then when that ends, he will move on.