View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
Fair enough Summer. Let me rephrase it from they know something we don't know-- rather, they are capable of not enmeshing themselves with alcoholic addicts. That's what I am trying to learn, and what I think would help anybody else like me. The understanding of that concept and trying to solve for it.

I don't mean they don't fall in love with alcoholic addicts, I mean they don't continue the relationships in a codependent, controlling, enabling fashion.

Also, my need to understand everything ruined my life until I recovered from my need to understand everything. Human condition or not, I consider my former need to understand everything a character defect, and I'm thankful it's been lifted from me.

As for Freud? There's no question he was a genius. He was also a cocaine addict, had profound issues in his personal life, and committed suicide with morphine when he found out he had cancer.

Take care,

Cyranoak
I'm a Natural Health Practitioner working with an ND in a private natural health clinic and many of our patients are psychologist and psychatrists heading the psych units of large hospitals.
These people are the most disturbed people I ever met. They come to the clinic cause they want a natural way to heal their addictions, depression and anxiety while they drug their patients up with pharm meds and treat them for mental illness.
I agree, the "Freud's" of the world are "mad"
Now having said that, the majority of people are not the "Freud's".

If anyone stays with a seriously abusive person (addict or not), they are also mentally not well.
Sure, we all have a "bottom", I look at women who stay with men who punch them in the face and cheat over and over and I judge and think they are crazy. Then my friends who see I stayed with a guy who verbally abused me twice, think I was nuts! My ex cheated ONCE and I left! Am I codie? According to Melody I am!
I think I just loved a guy who struggled.
I think we just get stuck!

Sometimes someone can go into a relationship mentally "ok" and not know what hit them, and by then, you love deeply and it's tough to get out.
Sure, we attract who we feel we deserve, but it doesn't mean everyone with an addict is a codie. I am actually starting to resent that word since every human has "codie" behaviours

Love is messy, even though some say love does not hurt. HOGWASH, love hurts, feel good and is confusing.
Uncondional love doesn't hurt, but no one can love a human uncontionally, not even mother/child!