Thread: Valentine's Day
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

I also think Valentines Day is kind of a made-up for retail day, as I subscribe to do random niceties versus a forced one. But my RAH was always very good with gifts and being thoughtful...he just leaned toward punishment in other areas versus the openly hostile, in-your-face ignoring a holiday or birthday. I am the one who struggles with that. I really tried to ignore our last wedding anniversary. That wasn't very nice of me, looking back now. But I had trouble acknowledging I was "happy" to have married him because at that time, I was deeply regretting it.

I am going to get my daughters some chocolates and my Mom some flowers and go to an Al-Anon meeting for myself. But...I did splurge on a new cashmere sweater for myself this weekend. I just love cashmere! And being February, everything is on sale right now so some good deals to be had on winter clothing. Well...for me this is a sweater I can also wear in July on a cool, rainy day! I thought it was time to treat myself to a little something luxurious.