Thread: Valentine's Day
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Valentine's Day

Anyone else send themselves something for valentine's day? haha. I did. But to my house, not my office to make a scene or anything.

Last year for Valentine's day I bought my EXABF gourmet cookies, cooked a special meal that he said he wanted...all while he watched NASCAR and got drunk. We didn't have s*x. He got me nothing. He did nothing. When I said, "We're not even going to sleep together?" he stared at me blankly. A few days later he told me that he did it on purpose to be mean. My ex tended to build up resentment over stupid little mistakes, imperfections and do things like that to punish me. And it was X amount of years ago today his ex-wife left him. The day before Valentine's day. So I'm sure she was expecting a Valentine's day like I got or something. NASCAR and drinking always took priority over V-day when were together.

This year, I couldn't care less that I'm alone because being alone and sending myself flowers is better. But I wonder how anyone could be mean on purpose like that. Anyone else ever have that experience?