View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

I can't BELIEVE I did that...

My AA friend and I went up to NYC today to go see American Idiot on Broadway. We were both all excited (neither of us goes out much) and we had a great time driving up to the train station, yakking on the train, walking the (cold!) streets of NYC to the restaurant I'd made reservations for. The train was on time, we got to the restaurant plenty early, had a fantastic dinner, left the restaurant in plenty of time.

We excitedly hand the usher our tickets, only to be told, "Um, wait a minute, these are for NEXT Saturday."

Can you say, OMG???

It's true. I'd forgotten which weekend I'd bought tickets for.

Naturally I felt like the REAL American Idiot. My friend was very cool--she said, hey, it's been a fun evening, let's do it again next weekend!

So I spent nine hours, gas money, and train tickets to have dinner tonight.

When we got back to the parking garage at the train station, my friend discovered SHE had lost the parking ticket, so we had to pay the maximum parking fee. (Heh, I accused her of losing it on purpose to make me feel better.)

I normally beat myself up for something like that, but we DID have fun, and sheesh, we've got the whole thing to look forward to again next weekend. What's to complain about?

Sometimes I amaze even myself.