Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cantdoit

I am leaving my husband and it just seems so sad

We have been married for 23 years. When we were younger and single we both drank/partied. I "assumed" that once we settled down and started our family we would just stop. I did, he couldnt.

He is not physically abusive, very passive when he drinks and pretty much stays out in the garage drinking himself into a stupor before he stumbles in the house to pass out. What a life. He works during the day and drinks alone in his garage at night. The only time we really spend together is at supper time.

I rarely go out socially with him anymore because he drinks so much he falls asleep wherever he is.

I've thought of leaving him many times during our marriage but stayed. I dont feel angry, I dont feel broken hearted, I barely feel anything. He came in the house tonight, ate supper and passed out on the couch. Nothing major happened but I came to the realization tonight that I just cant do it anymore. I deserve better. It is not ok with my anymore. And yet I feel sad. Sad for what we could have. Sad that I will have to "go through" whatever it takes to get through. Sad that my kids will be hurt. Sad that I will be starting over at 50 years old.