Thread: My situation
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
duqld1717

My ex was a Weekend Binge drinker. He would only drink on wednesday nights after a pick up hockey game (3 or 4 beers) then when the weekend came, he would go out all night on friday, drink on saturdays and saturday night and sometimes even sundays. He would drink more than any of our friends combined. He would drink really fast and would stumble all over the place and slur his words. This happened every weekend and at any social event, party, wedding, etc. It was maddening to be around him on the weekends because he couldnt just stand there and socially drink like everyone else. It took me awhile to actually believe that he was an alcoholic because he barely drank during the week. There all all types of alcoholics and just because he doesnt drink everyday, doesnt mean he doesnt have a serious problem. Its really about what happens when they do drink. If he doesnt have a problem he should easily be able to stop because he knows you dont like it. If he doesnt consider your feelings and make a change, then maybe he really is addicted. My ex's grandfather and half brother were alcoholics also. His drinking just got worse the more I stayed with him...he is only 34 so I didnt want to stick around to see what his drinking was like at 44 or 54 or 64 etc! You get the drift! Hope that helps a little!