Thread: Just Joined
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Hi IBelong. I hope you will stay and keep sharing and reading here.

why does he always talk about his recovery so often. Why does the conversation always end up talking about drug use and drinking binges. Sorry I don't show it, but it gets to sound like a broken record. I can only think maybe he's using again. I see him so seldom that I wouldn't know. But it's always made me suspicious as to his constant chit shat about his past habits or present for all I know.
I guess my answer to your question would depend on what manner he talks about his drug use and binges. In my experience, people who talk about drug and alcohol use like they were "the good 'ole days" and who relate how much fun it was, are not truly convinced that they want or need to stop. They long for it.

Since I got sober and began my Recovery from alcoholism and codependence, I have learned to trust my instincts. That can be pretty difficult but there is a method to the madness. I learned a lot by going to AlAnon and reading as much as possible about this horrible disease. Have you thought about going to an AlAnon meeting? Here is a link to help you find one: How to find a meeting in the US/Canada/Puerto Rico