Thread: Should I run??
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
wicked

Let me tell you guys something. I abhore the drunk, and will never take care of an alcoholic.

My mother was an alcoholic. I hated her when she was one.

My two brothers were alcoholics. One stopped on his own after he ended up almost killing himself, going through Dt's, messed-up stomach, the whole ugly mess.

The other one went the through the same, and had to stop drinking because when he was drunk, he has to be hospitalized each time for hallucinations, crazy behavior, psychosis, etc. He was forced to stop drinking and never could touch a drop of alcohol again.

I just want to see if this guy is like this. Or if he just likes his drink and would be willing to cut down to say a couple of drinks a night.

I am NOT defending him though.
Maybe he could cut down to a couple of drinks a night, but even as a person who does not bet, I am betting that eventually things will take a turn for the worse like your brothers.

If you go on a couple of dates be honest please.

"I had two brothers die of lung cancer, I will not watch another person die from a preventable disease. I cannot date someone who smokes."

"My mother and two brothers suffered from alcoholism, I cannot and will not live with alcoholism in my life. I cannot date someone who drinks."

I am surprised with your level of education and the particular field you are in at your lack of insight about your addiction to chaos and the unending need to control it.

Beth