Thread: Should I run??
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Stevie1

Originally Posted by dogluvah View Post
Stevie, I do need to call you out on a contradiction in your posts and I'm sure you'll clear it up. You posted earlier on my thread that we don't know yet if he is an alcoholic and you would advise me to go on a couple of dates with the guy to see what I would actually be dealing with. Why the change?...

OK, I'll de-lurk since you asked me a direct question.

My suggestion to go out on a few dates was based only on your initial post here. You came across as mildly odd, but since you had some questions about the guy, I figured going on a few casual dates would be a way for you to get a better "feel" for him, since that's what dating is for.

This afternoon, after reading all your other posts, I've gone from considering you "mildly odd" to "unbalanced." I think you need help...I don't think this guy needs help. And, I don't think people who are unbalanced and not in a good place in their lives ought to be considering emotional entanglements. This is not meant as an insult - I'm currently (in my opinion and in early sobriety) "unbalanced" and will not date until I feel more centered.

Hence the change.